Writer's Web
Welcome to Writers's Web! Please log in or register.
Writer's Web
Welcome to Writers's Web! Please log in or register.
Writer's Web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Writer's Web

Writer's Web is a forum where young writers can improve their work, get critiques, and have fun.

HomeHome  Writer's Web StWriter's Web St  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Writer's Web! You can make a free account, then publish your own writing and get critiques!

Guide to Posting a New Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gigi
Admin

Guide to Posting a New Story Empty
PostSubject: Guide to Posting a New Story   Guide to Posting a New Story EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:29 pm

So you want to put a new story in your writing section.

First, click on your section. You'll want to click on the "New Topic" button. There, write the title of your story in topic title section. In the text part, write a brief summary of your story. Here is a good format for that first post.

Code:
[b]Title:[/b]
[b]Author:[/b]
[b]Genre:[/b]
[b]Summary:[/b]

After you write that post, you're ready to start putting your first chapters in. If it's only a one chapter story, all you have to do is make a new post where you put the chapter in a spoiler. Like this.

Code:
Example

Here is my story, (name of story). I hope you like it.

[spoiler] This is where you put the text of your story.[/spoiler]

if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Gigi

This is what it should look like.

Quote :
Example

Here is my story, (name of story). I hope you like it.

Spoiler:

If your story is more than one chapter, all you do is reserve a post for each chapter you plan to have.
To reserve a post, all you do is make a post saying "reserved for chapter". This lets everyone know that you plan on putting a new chapter there in the future. If you want to post your chapter there, you edit your post, and use the formatting above for it. Just instead of writing the name of your story, put the chapter title and name.

It should look something like this.

Chapter 1
Spoiler:

And that's is!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Gigi
Back to top Go down
https://writersweb.forumotion.com

Guide to Posting a New Story
Page 1 of 1